Emirati FM's 'false, hackneyed' claims aim to cover up UAE's destructive policies: Iran
Staff Host Account
/ Categories: Islam Times-English

Emirati FM's 'false, hackneyed' claims aim to cover up UAE's destructive policies: Iran

"Unfortunately, certain countries have gotten used to repeating such claims in order to cover up the damage that their policies have imposed on the Muslim world," Iranian Foreign Ministry Spokesman Bahram Qassemi said on Saturday. Addressing the opening ceremony of the 46th session of the Council of OIC Foreign Ministers in Abu Dhabi on Friday, Emirati Minister of Foreign Affairs Sheikh Abdullah bin Zayed Al Nahyan claimed that Iran was interfering in other states' domestic affairs and supporting, financing and arming terrorist groups. Responding to the comments, Qassemi said the OIC had been established with the aim of "creating unity and convergence among member states." "Taking advantage of the meetings of this organization and raising divisive and false issues against other members are a wrong move contrary to this organization’s objectives and philosophy, and will seriously undermine interaction and trust among the members," the Iranian spokesperson added. He emphasized the OIC members that played host to the organization’s meetings and sessions must make efforts to foster unity and solidarity among Muslim nations and refrain from "taking advantage of the opportunity to put forward the objectives and policies dictated by countries outside the Muslim world.” Qassemi advised the Emirati foreign minister to take a look at the situation in Yemen and the humanitarian catastrophe in the impoverished country caused by the military aggression of the United Arab Emirates and a number of other states, and to realize the real meaning of his country’s interference in the affairs of other Muslim states. Saudi Arabia and a number of its regional allies launched a devastating military campaign against Yemen in March 2015, with the aim of bringing former Yemeni president Abd Rabbuh Mansur Hadi’s government back to power and crushing the Houthi Ansarullah movement. According to a new report by the Armed Conflict Location and Event Data Project (ACLED), a nonprofit conflict-research organization, the Saudi-led war has so far claimed the lives of around 56,000 Yemenis. The Saudi-led war has also taken a heavy toll on the country’s infrastructure, destroying hospitals, schools, and factories. The UN has already said that a record 22.2 million Yemenis are in dire need of food, including 8.4 million threatened by severe hunger. According to the world body, Yemen is suffering from the most severe famine in more than 100 years. A number of Western countries, the US and Britain in particular, are also accused of being complicit in the ongoing aggression as they supply the Riyadh regime with advanced weapons and military equipment as well as logistical and intelligence assistance. United Nations Secretary General Antonio Guterres said on Tuesday that tens of thousands of children under the age of five had died of starvation in Yemen ever since Saudi Arabia and its allies launched the atrocious military aggression against the country.

Link to original article

Previous Article Chlorine likely used in attack on Syria town Douma: OPCW
Next Article Mossad chief, Sudanese spy chief met in Munich to discuss Bashir's ouster
Print
44 Rate this article:
No rating

Leave a comment

Add comment

x
«May 2019»
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
29
301
2
3
4
5
6
7
89
1011
12
13
14
1516
171819
20
212223242526
272829303112
3456789