Dozens of Saudi soldiers, mercenaries killed in Yemeni missile strike
Staff Host Account
/ Categories: Islam Times-English

Dozens of Saudi soldiers, mercenaries killed in Yemeni missile strike

The spokesman for Yemeni Armed Forces, Brigadier General Yahya Saree, said Yemeni soldiers and allied fighters launched a domestically-developed Badr-F ballistic missile at the strongholds and arms depots of Saudi soldiers and their mercenaries in the Addayer area of the region on Sunday afternoon, leaving dozens of them killed or injured, Arabic-language al-Masirah television network reported.   Saree added that the projectile hit its designated targets with great precision.   The missile strike caused massive explosions at the targeted area. Ambulances and firefighters rushed to the site amid panic and terror among Saudi army soldiers and Saudi-paid militiamen.   The spokesman for Yemeni Armed Forces highlighted that the attack was launched after a delicate intelligence operation, and came in response to the Saudi-led military coalition’s crimes against Yemeni people.   Yemeni drones conduct new raid on Saudi Arabia’s Abha airport   Early on Monday, Yemeni soldiers and allied fighters from Popular Committees carried out a fresh drone strike against Abha International Airport in the same Saudi region.   Saree said Qasef-2K (Striker-2K) combat drones pounded sensitive sites at the airport.   On July 25, Yemeni troops and their allies used Qasef-2K unmanned aerial vehicles to hit aircraft hangars and several targets at the same Saudi airport, leading to the disruption of air traffic.   Yemeni soldiers and fighters from Popular Committees had launched drone attacks against King Khalid Air Base, which lies 884 kilometers south of the capital Riyadh, on the same day.   Saree said at the time that arms depots, loading facilities and other strategic structures had been destroyed during the operation.   The senior Yemeni official warned Saudi Arabia against more painful days to come, stressing retaliatory attacks would continue as long as the Riyadh regime continued its military aggression, siege and relentless raids against the war-torn Arab country.   Saudi Arabia and a number of its regional allies launched a devastating campaign against Yemen in March 2015, with the goal of bringing the government of Hadi back to power and crushing the Houthi Ansarullah movement.   The US-based Armed Conflict Location and Event Data Project (ACLED), a nonprofit conflict-research organization, estimates that the Saudi-led war has claimed the lives of over 60,000 Yemenis since January 2016.   The war has also taken a heavy toll on the country’s infrastructure, destroying hospitals, schools, and factories. The UN says over 24 million Yemenis are in dire need of humanitarian aid, including 10 million suffering from extreme levels of hunger.  

Link to original article

Previous Article Iran ready to unleash 3rd nuclear step if EU fails again
Next Article Snipers shoot dead at least 5 protesters in central Sudan rally
Print
98 Rate this article:
No rating

Leave a comment

Add comment

x
«October 2019»
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
30
1
2
3
45
6
7
8
9
10
11
1213
14
151617181920
21222324252627
28293031123
45678910